Integrate with Motion Tracking System (MTS) Service
With the Motion Tracking System (MTS) service, developers can use APIs and Pub-Sub mechanisms to track the movement of a device including monitoring when a device enters or leaves a preconfigured geofenced area. The following how-to sections describe the steps necessary to register and monitor a device for motion tracking using the MTS API.
- An account on the OS1 Platform. For more information, see Getting Started with the OS1 Platform.
- Credentials for an App on the OS1 Platform. For more information, see Getting Started Building Apps.
- A mechanism to call the endpoints. For testing purposes, you can use our Postman Collection or the “Try It!” feature in our API Documentation.
By using the MTS Service APIs, you can:
With these APIs, developers can add a new geofence to the database, remove a geofence, access a particular geofence, or retrieve all geofences associated with a particular deviceId.
- CreateGeofence: Creates a Geofence
- UpdateGeofenceStatus: Deactivates or Reactivates a geofence
- DeleteGeofence: Deletes a Geofence
- GetGeofence: Retrieves a Geofence
- SubscribeDevices: Subscribes device(s) to geofenceId
- GetSubscribedDevices: Fetches devices subscribed to a geofeceId
- UnsubscribeDevice: Unsubscribe devices subscribed to a geofencId
Register an IOT Device
This API allows developers to register devices from MTS.
Subscribe a device
Developers can use these APIs to add a new subscription configuration to a Cassandra table, retrieve a subscription, or deactivate a topic with no other subscriptions.
Send and Get Trace Data
The Trace Data APIs allow developers to add trace data to MTS and retrieve trace data for a particular device within a designated timeframe.
Check Missing Sequence Numbers
This API retrieves all missing sequence numbers for a specific deviceId and app and in between the provided time.