The Vehicle Lifecycle defines the states that a Vehicle can be in from when it is acquired to when it is retired.
A Vehicle has the following five lifecycle states:
- Onboarding: The Vehicle data is being entered and/or verified.
- Available: The Vehicle is operational and is available for use.
- In-use: The Vehicle is operational and is already being assigned a task.
- Unavailable: The Vehicle is operational but not available for use (to be used after repair, maintenance, etc. downtime).
- Inactive: The Vehicle is not operational.
To retrieve the current state of a Vehicle, call the Get Vehicle State endpoint.
To change the state of a Vehicle, call the Transition Vehicle State get the current state endpoint, and pass the following parameters in the request body:
Any state associated with respect to event transition.
A valid reason code associated with the event.
Event Code of the transition event
Request bodies are specified in JSON format. The following example request body shows how to change the state of the Vehicle: