MTS Geofence New APIs
Release Date: November 9, 2023
We are pleased to announce enhanced functionality within our MTS Geofence feature, which now includes a series of new APIs designed to streamline geofencing operations for developers. Developers can now create Polygon-shaped Geofences in addition to the circular Geofences. Also, Developers can create the Geofences using the GeoJSON format. Lastly, the update provides additional control over geofence management and device notifications, ensuring more dynamic and responsive geofencing applications.
- UpdateGeofenceStatus API: Allows developers to deactivate or reactivate a geofence as needed, providing flexibility in geofence management.
- SubscribeDevices API: Enables devices to be subscribed to a geofence, allowing for targeted notifications and efficient tracking.
- UnsubscribeDevice API: Removes devices from a geofence subscription list, ensuring accurate and up-to-date monitoring.
- GetSubscribedDevices API: Retrieves all devices currently subscribed to a geofence, offering a comprehensive view of the tracked devices.
The updated geofence feature provides developers with enhanced control and flexibility:
- Dynamic Geofence Control: Toggle geofences on or off in response to changing conditions without deleting and recreating them.
- Efficient Device Management: Manage device subscriptions to geofences easily, optimizing the tracking of entry and exit events.
- Accurate Subscription Lists: Maintain up-to-date geofence subscription lists, ensuring that notifications are sent to the correct devices.
- Comprehensive Device Retrieval: Fetch a complete list of devices associated with a geofence, simplifying monitoring and analytics tasks.
For further details on the integration flow, and API usage, and to start utilizing these new features, please refer to the updated MTS Geofence documentation.
You can import v2.2.0 of the OS1 Postman Collection with the new Geofence endpoints from our Github.